THE NOVEL CORONAVIRUS COVID-19
Information last updated March 18, 2020
=> What we are doing
A new coronavirus is the cause of a
worldwide outbreak of respiratory infections, now known as COVID-19. We
appreciate that the situation is changing daily and want to support you
as best as we can through this difficult time.
We are taking these steps to promote social distancing and following
the guidance of Public Health Ontario and the Ontario Medical
1. Effective immediately, all non-urgent and routine physical examinations are cancelled until further notice.
2. If you have a scheduled appointment in the upcoming weeks, we will attempt to call or email you to replace in-office visits with virtual or telephone consultations.
We will not see any patients with respiratory symptoms including cough,
sore throat, fever, and/or runny nose in the office. Please DO NOT walk-in to the office if you are sick.
Patients with these symptoms who would like to speak to their doctor
should call 416-785-7812 to arrange for a phone consultation.
4. Appointments such as well
baby visits for routine immunization, routine obstetrical visits and
any specific appointment that your doctor feels is essential will be
kept but may be changed to a different time as we want this to be properly triaged. You will be contacted and notified of any changes.
if you or your baby/child have any upper respiratory symptoms (cough,
congestion, sore throat), headache, fever, aches, nausea, diarrhea (or
are uncertain about what to do) please call before coming in as we may
advise you to postpone your appointment.
Please understand that the phone lines may be busy,
so please be patient. If you call and are leaving a message please
clearly state your name, the telephone number and email where you can
be reached and a very brief reason for the call/email. The doctor may call you back on a private line so please pick up the phone if you see a blocked number.
=> What can you be doing?
How to stay safe and healthy
• Practice social distancing
• Practice good hand hygiene
• Cough or sneeze into your sleeve
• Do not share food, drinks, toothbrushes, etc.
If you have been exposed to COVID-19 or are concerned about symptoms that may suggest COVID-19
• STAY HOME
• Most cases of COVID-19 are mild and can be managed by isolating yourself at HOME.
• Click here for instructions on How to Self-Isolate at Home
• Once you are symptom-free for at least 48 hours, you can resume your usual daily activities
• If you are not sure, do the COVID-19 Self Assessment Screening Tool from Public Health Ontario
If you have more severe symptoms (such as severe shortness of breath or chest pain)
• Contact Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 or your local
public health unit
• If you are in need of IMMEDIATE medical attention, call 911 or go to your local emergency room
If you have traveled outside Canada but do NOT have symptoms
• you are at risk of being a carrier of COVID-19 and passing it on to others
• you should stay in Quarantine for 14-days after your return to Canada;
• Click Here for instructions on How to Quarantine
• If you have no symptoms after 14 days, you can resume your normal daily activities
If you are feeling anxious, please read the attached resource for some useful tips:
COVID-19 Anxiety Handout